Validity: School Year 2022/2023
- Visit to the “Crystal Treasure” exhibition with the geological treasures of the Hohe Tauern in the Winklern toll tower
- Arrival in the quarters and lunch
- Welcome in the National Park House “Alte Schmelz” with multimedia show
- National park quiz with great prices
- Small hike to the “Herbal Woman”, where we prepare witch tea and ointments.
- Crafts, shaping and experimenting with sheep’s wool in the handicraft room
- Evening hike through the legendary “Kachelmoor” with barbecue on the “Fire Island”
- On the hunt for the “Tauern gold”: After gold diggers have shown their craft, you can wash gold yourself and try your luck.
- Drive over the Großglockner High Alpine Road to Kaiser-Franz-Josefs-Höhe to the largest glacier in Austria, the Pasterze, over the Swarovski Observation Observatory (2,400 meters)
- The pupils visit an exhibition focusing on the fascination of high mountains and the ice experience; followed by a visit to the Glockner cinema
- Visit to the Heiligenbluter pilgrimage church of St. Vincenz with legend of St. Briccius and crypt
- Hike to the “Jungfernsprung”, one of the most impressive waterfalls in the Mölltal
- Climbing in the rope garden – from skill training to lofty heights
- The correct handling of dogs: Our “Liss” is a trained mountain rescue dog with a handler
- Lunch, departure
Subject to short-term changes to the program on site!
Youth Hostel Heiligenblut:
The Youth Hostel Heiligenblut with 94 beds welcomes you in the middle of the Hohe Tauern National Park at the foot of Großglockner. Bus parking, two large lounges with sun balconies, satellite TV and free WiFi are available to our guests.
Price per Pupil:
Overnight stays, meals, bus package on site, visits, tour guide
The participating teachers receive a flat rate per day + overnight stay + eventual travel expenses (upon receipt). The form provided in the management must be used for the settlement. The submission is made by official channels. The accompanying person pays € 103.00 for meals and overnight stays.
Information & booking:
OEJHV Carinthia, Phone: + 43 (0) 463 / 23 00 19, Email: email@example.com