Ski Hostels in Austria
Magnificent slopes, snowy peaks and year-round skiing on the glaciers ... The winter sports paradise Austria offers it all. Whether beginner or expert - pure winter fun is guaranteed.
Here is a small selection of hostels, which you can visit to explore the Austrian ski resorts:
Ski area Postalm, Salzburg
- Hostel: Youth Hostel St. Gilgen
- Ski area: Postalm (by car 45 minutes from St. Gilgen)
Postalm: Manageable, eventful, relaxed and in scenic impressive beauty. Thus, Austria's largest alpine pasture area presents itself to its guests between 1,200 and 1,900m for over 80 years.
Ski area Dachstein West, Upper Austria
- Hostel: Youth Hostel Bad Ischl
- Ski area: Dachstein West (by ski bus 40 minutes from Bad Ischl)
Ski area Dachstein West: Where the Dachstein shows its warmest and most Austrian hospitality. In the southern corner of the geographical triangle Linz - Salzburg - Dachstein. Skiing in Dachstein West offers an impressive mountain panorama, perfect pistes, maximum snow reliability, modern lifts, quaint huts and cheap ski tickets. Skiing in the avalanche and wind-protected low mountain range and looking up to the nearby high mountains - hardly anywhere is this possible in this form and intensity as in Dachstein West. Especially since there is the signposted, coherent ski round "Panoronda" with a total length of 44 km. This is one of the reasons why Dachstein West is considered one of the most promising ski regions in Austria. And as one of the most hospitable.
Ski area Gerlitzen, Carinthia
- Youth Hostel Villach (by car 15 minutes from the ski area)
- Youth Hostel Velden Cap Wörth (by car 25 minutes from the ski area)
- Ski area: Gerlitzen
Ski area Gerlitzen: You want a perfect skiing experience with excellent pistes, low waiting times at the lifts and lots of variety? The Gerlitzen offers you at 1.911m above sea level 42 excellently groomed slopes, modern and comfortable lifts and wide, varied ski runs. In addition, our sophisticated snow-making technology allows you to enjoy uninterrupted panoramic skiing fun from November to April.
Ski area Großglockner Heiligenblut, Carinthia
- Hostel: Youth Hostel Heiligenblut
- Ski area: Heiligenblut Grossglockner (right on your doorstep)
Ski area Heiligenblut Grossglockner:
- 12 comfortable lifts and lifts up to 2,902 m open up extensive pistes for all skill levels
- 55 kilometers of ski runs, 4 marked ski routes and 1500 hectares of freeride arena
- Delightful and natural winter experience in a high alpine location
- Unique panorama with a view of the Grossglockner and 40 more 3,000 m peaks
Ski area Pitztal & Ötztal, Tirol
- Hostel: Romedihof Backpacker Hostel, Karrösten/Imst
- Ski area: Pitztal & Ötztal
Ski area Pitztal: Versatile, active and touching is the almost 40 kilometers long Tyrolean Pitztal in winter. The special geographical position of the three ski areas Hochzeiger, Rifflsee and Pitztal Glacier not only guarantees an above-average number of hours of sunshine during winter holidays, but also provides snow security between September and May.
Ski area Ötztal: The Ötztal is one of the most popular winter sports regions and ski areas in Tyrol. It has, spread over the seven individual ski areas of the Ötztal, over several hundred kilometers of different slopes for every skier, from light blue to deep black.
Ski area Wilder Kaiser-Brixental, Tirol
- Hostel: Jugendherberge Westendorf (just for groups)
- Ski area: SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser-Brixental (4 minutes from the hostel)
Ski area Wilder Kaiser Brixental: The SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser-Brixental is one of the largest and most modern ski resorts in the world and therefore an important part of the ski region Kitzbühel Alps. The SkiWelt convinces not only with size and many different slopes, but also with quality and modern facilities ...
Ski area Zell am See-Kaprun & Kitzsteinhorn, Salzburg
- Hostel: Youth Hostel Zell am See
- Ski area: Schmitten Zell am See-Kaprun (1 km from the hostel - ski bus 500m)
- Ski area: Kitzsteinhorn (by ski bus 10 km from the hostel)
Ski area Kitzsteinhorn: With fantastic fresh powder snow, the Kapruner Glacier offers ski and board enthusiasts perfect deep winter conditions and runs to long-distance ...
Ski area Bad Gastein, Salzburg
- Hostel: Youth Hostel Bad Gastein
- Ski area: Ski Gastein (15 minutes walk from the hostel)
Ski area Bad Gastein: The Gastein Valley offers skiers, no matter if beginners or advanced, four varied ski areas with a variety of blue, red and black pistes, which have a total length of about 200 km. Thus, everyone can easily decide in which Gastein ski resort he wants to make his tracks in the snow ...
Ski area Lech-Oberlech-Zürs, Vorarlberg
- Hostel: Youth Hostel Lech
- Ski area: Ski Arlberg Lech/Oberlech/Zürs (about 2,6 km from the hostel)
Ski area Lech-Oberlech-Zürs: The ski regions of Lech, Oberlech and Zürs, which are well known to winter sports enthusiasts, include Rüfikopf, Trittkopf, Hasenfluh, Omeshorn and Kriegerhorn. The villages are connected by a legendary ski circuit - the world-famous White Ring. In the new snow-rich region of Austria, endless possibilities await winter sports enthusiasts ...
Further information & reservation:
Please contact the hostels directly for booking inquiries and ski passes. You´ll find an overview of all ski areas in Austria with ski maps and snow reports on http://www.bergfex.at/oesterreich/ .