1070 Vienna Youth Hostel Myrthengasse
Welcome to the Youth Hostel Myrthengasse!
Our popular hostel with 260 beds is situated in the quiet and traffic free pedestrian zone Myrthengasse in the center of Vienna, near the Museum Quarter and the Spittelberg. Many attractions and shopping areas are within walking distance. Means of public transportation (subway, bus, tram) are nearby.
Our rooms have 2-6 beds (bunkbeds) and are equipped with shower (some also with shower/toilet).
Our leafy, typical Viennese courtyard, lounge with cable television and various entertainment options are available to you as well as free W-LAN.
You can store your luggage on your arrival- and departure day for free and for your bicycle we offer a bicycle storage without charge during your stay with us.
Your personal safety and security is ensured by our state of the art electronic key system, lockable cabinets (pls. bring your own padlock or you can buy one at our reception), a modern fire alarm system and a 24 hours opened reception (no curfew). For your personal valuables we offer free safe deposit at our reception.
Food and Beverage:
Our included breakfast-buffet offers you a good start in a new day - daily from 06:45 a.m. till 09:45 a.m.
During the summer month july and august our restaurant is closed !!
For lunch & dinner we offer you at an unbeatable price in our self-service area from Monday to Friday a 3-course meal (consisting of soup, main course (also available meatless), salad buffet and a dessert from our own kitchen.
Snack- and beverage vending machines offer you hot and cold drinks, snacks and sweets 24 hours a day.
Our complete Youth Hostel is a "NON-SMOKING AREA", smoking is only allowed outdoors.
Our house is in a pedestrian zone, an access by car is not possible. Car-parking in the inner districts of Vienna is subject to charges from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 10 p.m. (except holidays) - information under "Parking in Vienna".
Facilities in and around the house:
Family rooms available, suitable for wheelchair users, breakfast in price, hostel open 24h, Laundry facilities, TV room, common room(s), internet access, free WIFI, meals available, games room, luggage store, lockers available, green patio, Bicycle rental nearby, credit card accepted
- Single rooms: possible
- 2 bed rooms: 17 rooms, some with shower
- 3 bed rooms: 1 room some with shower
- 4 bed rooms: 41 rooms, some with shower
- 5 bed rooms: 1 room with shower
- 6 bed rooms: 9 rooms, some with shower
- Total: 260 beds, some with shower
open all year
Opening hours reception:
24 hours open
- Check In anytime, on the day of arrival the rooms are available from 2:00 p.m.
- Check Out on the last day of your stay not later than 10:00 a.m.
In our prices there are no hidden charges !! - Inclusive is as well the bedding, the breakfast buffet as a free WiFi access (in the lobby) and all taxes. Our prices are per person/night - including the breakfast buffet, sheets (no towels) and all taxes.
Accommodation in our youth hostel - Vienna Myrthengasse requires membership with the International Youth Hostel Association. We have no age limitations. If you don't have a valid youth hostel membership card, you can buy at our reception "welcome stamps" for € 3,50 per night/person (only for max. 6 nights) and become a member of the International Youth Hostel Federation (IYHF) during your stay with us (membership cards with 6 welcome stamps are worldwide valid for 12 months)
Errors and omissions excepted, prices are subject to change without notice.
Self service restaurant:
- Breakfast buffet included - daily 06.45 a.m. till 09.15 a.m.
- During the summer month july & august our restaurant is closed !!
- all other month - Lunch (according to price list) - Monday - Friday 12.00 p.m. till 01.00 p.m.
- all other month - Diner (according to price list) - Monday - Friday 05.00 p.m. till 07.00 p.m.
- Packed Lunch (according to price list) - on advance reservation
We accept also the following cards:
What to do in Vienna?
Info & recommendations:
But also besides the "beaten tracks" Vienna offers a lot more to do. As "bad weather program" oder just to try "something completely different". No matter if alone, with family or with a whole group - here are some useful tips.
- Fun and action just "around the corner": Viennas first Indoor-climbing- and family park - Fun and action for all in the Monki Park www.monkipark.at
- Not the common tour:
- Excursion into the "green" Vienna:
- Shopping in Vienna:
- Markets and districts - www.wien.info
- Climbing in Vienna:
- Climbing and bouldering halls in Vienna - www.wien.info/en/vienna-for/sports/climbing-walls
- On the waterside:
- Old Danube - www.alte-donau.info
- Danube Island - www.wien.gv.at/english/environment/waterbodies/danube-island
- Airport Vienna-Schwechat: Express train S7 till station Wien-Mitte, change to subway (U-Bahn) U3 till station Volkstheater, change to bus 48A direction Baumgartner Höhe till station Neubaugasse / Neustiftgasse (2 or 3 stops).
- Wien Hauptbahnhof (Vienna Central): Bus 13A till station Kellermanngasse (16 stops)
- Westbahnhof (Vienna West): Subway U6 (U-Bahn) direction Floridsdorf till station Burggasse (1 station, exit Burggasse), change to bus 48A direction Dr. Karl Renner Ring till station Burggasse/Neubaugasse (3 stops).
- Vienna-Meidling: Subway U6 (from station Philadelphiabrücke) in direction Floridsdorf to the Burggasse station (5 stops, exit Burggasse), change to bus 48A direction Dr. Karl Renner Ring till station Burggasse/Neubaugasse (3 stops).
- Arriving from the West (D, CH, Innsbruck, Salzburg and Linz): Highway A1 (Westautobahn) to direction city center, along Wientalstraße and Schönbrunnerstraße. Turn left into Gürtel, then right into Burggasse - the Myrthengasse is a pedestrian zone and can not be driven.
- Arriving from the South (I, SLO, H, Klagenfurt and Graz): Highway A2 (Südautobahn), turn onto the highway A23 (Südosttangente) in direction Prague, take Gürtel exit. Gürtel straight ahead, turn right into Burggasse - the Myrthengasse is a pedestrian zone and can not be driven.
- Arriving from the East (H, SK and Airport Vienna-Schwechat): Highway A4 (Ostautobahn), turn onto the highway A23 (Südosttangente) in direction Gürtel, take Gürtel exit. Gürtel straight ahead, turn right into Burggasse - the Myrthengasse is a pedestrian zone and can not be driven.
- Arriving from the North (D, CZ, SK, PL, Krems, Stockerau and Mistelbach): Highway A22 (Donauuferautobahn), take Nordbrücke exit, then Gürtel exit. Gürtel straight ahead, then turn left into Burggasse - the Myrthengasse is a pedestrian zone and can not be driven.
Parking: Our house is in a pedestrian zone, an access by car is not possible. Car-parking in the inner districts of Vienna is subject to charges from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 10 p.m. (except holidays) - information under "Parking in Vienna".
Situation: 1.9 km west of city center