Validity: School Year 2021/2022
A special highlight for school groups is the new cooperation between the OEJHV Carinthia and the Dobratsch Nature Park Association. The two-day varied adventure program shows the incomparable Carinthian flora and fauna in all facets.
After a short greeting and introduction, we head towards the Gladiolus meadow. Here the participants learn a lot about the valuable wet meadows and their special plants, especially the Illyrian gladiolus and various orchids. Details about the landslide in 1348 – its causes and the consequences for people and the landscape. Through the Ogritza forest there is information about the forest ecosystem and the special features of the landslide area of the Schütt.
After a short hike with a short ascent (about 30min) we reach the Weinitzen with their species-rich limestone dry meadows. These are home to a particularly large number of rare plants and insects, especially butterflies and spiders. Overall, this landscape is characterized by particular beauty and has a very appealing effect on most visitors. On the way back from the Weinitzen to the parking lot, bird lovers will not miss out either: woodpeckers, titmouse, finches, red-backed shrike and jays … can be observed with high probability.
Don’t forget: snack, enough to drink, good shoes and possibly rain protection. If possible, binoculars and cameras, and if available, a magnifying glass.
Terra Mystica Bad Bleiberg – The wonder world in the mountain 1. With the longest miner’s slide in Europe (68 m) you can go to seven fascinating multimedia shows and treasure hunts for our little ones. Our guests drive back 800 m with the mine train and with the shaft run of 49 m the wonderland becomes a unique experience. (Brochures, folders, hut folders, brochures in German and Italian will be taken.)
In the evening return to the Youth Hostel Villach, where the joint dinner (3-course menu) takes place. Afterwards, the climbing hall, fitness room and multi-purpose area can be used of course free of charge.
After breakfast we start the next adventure. Everyone gets a big packed lunch for the hike.
Dobratsch – Hike to the 10er Nock and much more
Motto: fun and games, nature education, information about the nature park, arrival at the Rosstratte:
- Rosskogel (View and Home): here the children get to know the Carinthian region, beautiful views of the Carinthian lakes (Ossiachersee, Wörthersee, Faakersee) and the mountains (Nockberge, Ossiachertauern, Sau- und Seetaler, Karawanken and the Julian)
- Pond (What lives in the water at 1733m?): Insights into the development of amphibians (newts, frogs) and their way of life – what is special about the metamorphosis from aquatic to terrestrial.
- Feldherrnhügel (Fossils and their formation): Here the children can get an idea of how the Dobratsch came into being and look for fossils.
- Playground: When playing and romping in the fresh air in the beautiful mountains, the children get their money’s worth, running games, nature games and guesswork and always information about the nature park.
- Gamsblick and Summit view: We will most likely be able to observe some chamois with a view of the Brunnleitn. The children hear plenty of information about these beautiful animals from our trained rangers and why many areas of the nature park are not allowed to be entered.
- 10er Nock Shelter: On a leisurely hike at 1956m, the children and companions can enjoy the wonderful mountains and the magnificent view of the Julian Alps and the Nockberge Mountains. Information about the rare bird life, its behavior and ways of life shorten the ascent.
After this 2 day adventure trip, we will go back home. Tip: If you are arriving by train with the OEBB, we will be happy to organize the bus for you.
Youth Hostel Villach:
The Youth Hostel Villach with 125 beds is located in the St. Martin district, surrounded by a number of sports and recreational facilities, just 20 minutes away from our neighboring countries, Italy and Slovenia. Each of our rooms is equipped with an anteroom and shower / toilet. The Youth Hostel offers a wide range of leisure activities such as Sauna, TV room, table tennis. An event hall, seminar rooms and free WiFi connection throughout the house are available to our guests.
Right next to the Youth Hostel there are Tennis courts and a multi-purpose hall. Our Youth Hostel also offers its own climbing hall, fitness room as well as table tennis and a multi-purpose court.
Price per Pupil:
from EUR 60,00
The price for the 2-day program including guided tours, overnight stays in a shared room and full board is € 60.00 per person. You can find more information in our program folder, which you can order from us free of charge!
Information & booking:
OEJHV Carinthia, Phone: + 43 (0) 463 / 23 00 19, Email: email@example.com
Photo: © Andreas Fillei