We are back for you! Our teams are really looking forward to welcoming you again!
Information about the open youth hostels:
|Youth Hostel:||Expected opening date:|
|Youth Hostel St. Gilgen||Open|
|Youth Hostel Mondsee||Open|
|Youth Hostel Linz||Open|
|Youth Hostel Velden Cap Wörth||Open|
|Youth Hostel Klagenfurt||Open|
|Youth Hostel Villach||Open|
|Youth Hostel Heiligenblut||Open|
|Youth Hostel Krems||Open|
|Youth Hostel Bad Ischl||Middle of June 2021 (renovation)|
|Youth Hostel St. Pölten||01.07.2021|
|Youth Hostel Neu Nagelberg||01.07.2021|
|Youth Hostel Schloss Ulmerfeld||01.07.2021|
|1200 Vienna Youth Hostel Brigittenau||30.08.2021|
|1200 Vienna Brigittenau Youth Palace||30.08.2021|
|1070 Vienna Youth Hostel Myrthengasse||01.09.2021|
A great summer is coming. The forecasts promise wonderful temperatures and dream days. We are highly motivated and are in the starting blocks for our guests! We will make the best of our new working conditions for you and make every effort to give you carefree holidays! In addition to the measures and precautions, you can be sure of one thing: we want to give you your well-deserved vacation and are happy to assist you as hosts as usual. The safety for our guests is of course our top priority, but above all we want to offer you a nice, relaxed & sporty family vacation. Above all, we appeal to the personal responsibility of our guests. We will create ideal conditions for you to ensure a safe holiday.
As your host, we have prepared ourselves well and have taken numerous measures so that you feel comfortable. Together with your responsible behavior, nothing stands in the way of a safe and carefree holiday.
We have summarized the most important recommendations, such as keeping distance, wearing a mask in public areas, washing and disinfecting your hands, not touching your face, or sneezing or coughing in the crook of your arm, for you.
Should you feel ill before your arrival, should there be a suspected case or should you be the contact person for a confirmed case, we ask you not to travel for your and our protection and to visit us at a later point in time after the symptoms of the illness have subsided. If symptoms occur during your stay, please stay in your room and contact our reception. We will then immediately contact the health authority or the medical officer for further instructions, which must be followed.
If you have further questions, please don´t hesitate to contact us. You can also find the currently guidelines for a safe stay at www.sichere-gastfreundschaft.at. We wish you a safe and wonderful stay with us.
Your team of the
Austrian Youth Hostel Association
Requirement for accommodation from 1.7.2021
- At check-in, you are required to show a negative COVID test or proof of vaccination/past infection (so-called "entry tests")
- In addition to all previous evidence, the certificate / QR code in the digital green pass and the EU COVID-19 certificate will also apply from 1.7.2021
- The vaccination can be proved with the green pass, a vaccination card or printout (from 22 days after the first vaccination or after the second vaccination - the first vaccination must not be more than 9 months ago)
- Recovery: green pass, official notice, antibody test etc. (up to 6 months after the illness)
- Valid COVID-19 Tests are:
- Negative PCR test (validity: 72 hours)
- Negative antigen test from official testing authorities, pharmacy, etc. (validity: 48 hours)
- The test must be renewed by the guest after the period of validity has expired
- In exceptional cases, self-tests can also be carried out under the supervision of the operator of the accommodation
- School tests will also count as entry tests for children.
- Children under 12 years are exempt from the obligation to test from 1.7.2021
Test offers before arrival and during your stay
- Free COVID-19 antigen rapid tests in official testing authorities and pharmacies:
- Online platform: oesterreich-testet.at
- Information and registration by phone: +43 800/220 330 (daily from 7:00 to 22:00)
- Subject to possible restrictions for guests without Austrian residence or Austrian health insurance.
Behavior for guests in accommodation facilities from 1.7.2021
- If possible, keep a minimum distance of 1 m (3.3 ft) to other guest groups
- If possible, please wear a FFP2 mask in all public areas. Exceptions are children up to the age of 6 or people who cannot wear a mask for health reasons.
- When entering for the first time, please present a valid proof of a low epidemiological risk (test, vaccination, recovery). Furthermore, valid proof of a low epidemiological risk (test, vaccination, convalescence) is always required for entering gastronomic facilities, sports facilities and leisure facilities in accommodation facilities. This Evidence must be kept ready for the duration of the stay.
- Reserve in advance if possible. Reduce congestion at reception and in the restaurant.
- Pay contactless if possible. Preferably settle the invoice with a card.
- Please follow the instructions of the employees.
- Avoid shaking hands and hugs.
- Wash hands several times a day with soap and water for at least 30 seconds.
- Avoid touching the face with uncleaned hands.
- Sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm or into a handkerchief.
- Do not travel if there are signs of illness. If there are any signs during your stay, contact the reception.