Vadility: 01.09.2020-26.10.2020 and 01.04.2021-26.10.2021
Day 1: Bike tour in the Wachau
Equipped with a bike, a map and a packed lunch, you will travel to the Wachau after your arrival. No matter whether you choose the right or left bank of the Danube, you will discover beautiful places for a picnic on each side. Maybe you are so ambitious to drive to Melk on one side and back to Krems on the other bank. On the other hand, there are beautiful ruins to explore such as the ruin back house in Spitz. There is also the possibility to set a ferry across the Danube. In a nutshell, a day that you can design as you please. The bikes are delivered to the hostel in the morning and picked up again in the evening and are therefore available from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The following bikes can be booked:
- 3 pieces for pupil under 10 years
- 3 pieces for pupil from approx. 10 to 13 years
- 7 pieces for pupil from approx. 13 to 15 years
- 37 pieces for people taller than 155 cm.
- 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m .: Arrival at JH Krems, drop off your luggage, hand over the keys and packed lunches (or departure after breakfast)
- the bikes are available from 7:30 a.m.
- 6:00 p.m. at the latest: return to the hostel
- 6:30 p.m. : dinner
Then a short walk along the Danube or through the old town, a cozy evening in the Youth Hostel
Day 2: Shipping and visit to the Spitz Maritime Museum:
On this day you will experience a boat trip from Krems to Spitz / Donau with the “MS Prinz Eugen” of the Danube Steamship Company, get the “Captain’s Snack” on board, then organize a small picnic on land and then a lot on a tour of the Maritime Museum Learn interesting facts about inland navigation. In the afternoon we take the ship back to Krems. There is a lot to discover on board, e.g. the ruins of Dürnstein, in which the crusader king Richard the Lionheart was held prisoner. Before dinner there is still some time for the playground at the boat station or a walk through the wonderful old town of Krems and / or Stein. Afterwards you spend a cozy evening in the Youth Hostel with the opportunity to visualize the experiences of the day. We would be happy to hang a picture you have painted in our Hostel!
- 8:00 a.m .: cozy breakfast
- 10:15 a.m. : Departure by boat from the Krems / Stein boat station to Spitz – on board you will receive the “Captain’s Snack”. It is best to pack it in your backpacks for a picnic later.
- 11:45 a.m. : Arrival in Spitz
- until 1:00 p.m. : Time for a picnic, either on the Danube or in the meadow in front of the museum, walk to the museum (approx. 20 minutes)
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. : Guided tour of the Spitz Maritime Museum
- 2:40 p.m. : Departure by boat from Spitz to Krems
- 3:30 p.m. : Arrival in Krems, playground boat station, short walk along the Danube or through the old town; Time for a little ice cream?
- 6:30 p.m. : Dinner
Afterwards cozy evening in the Youth Hostel
Breakfast the next morning from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., departure by 9:30 a.m. at the latest
We are also happy to offer you individual program design with outdoor and recreational educational activities with trained support staff on request!
Price per Person:
EUR 122,00 *
- Bed and breakfast
- Lunch bag, rental bike
- Maritime Museum Spitz incl. Guided tour
- Dinner including a drink
Single room surcharge for teachers EUR 8.00 (subject to availability)
* plus local tax
Information & booking:
Bicycle Youth Hostel Krems
Ringstrasse 77, 3500 Krems an der Donau, Phone +43 2732 83 452, E-Mail email@example.com